Tacoma Community College


Visiting today’s chambers luncheon I was pleasantly surprised to hear that our speaker was going to be Dr Pamela Transue who is the President of Tacoma Community College. 
http://www.tacomacc.edu/
I thought to myself - wow, what an honor to hear someone speak who had so much input in my education and life. Growing up in Belorussia my family had the opportunity of a lifetime to move to Washington. Upon our arrival we had trouble learning the language and consequently trouble finding work.  It was clear to my mother that is was crucial for all of our family to learn the language and also try to get some kind of education so we could get a decent job to survive in this country. We were very fortunate to have friends that attended Tacoma Community College to point us in the right direction.  As soon as my mother heard of this college, she wasted no time filling out her paper work with help from a very nice staff member who spoke our language. My mother was the first one to start attending TCC. While she was learning the language she helped my sisters get enrolled, and I soon followed.  During the “English as a second language” class we learned we could enroll in programs that would assist us in getting our degrees and certificates, which we all did. I would like to say that all of us who attended Tacoma Community College upon completing our programs were able to get nice jobs and make a good living. I am very happy to say that attending TCC was the best decision we made as a family.  
Thank you!!
Svetlana,
IEN Skin Care

0 comments:

Post a Comment